- » Safety Main Page
- FDA warns that battery-powered mobile medical carts are a potential fire hazard
Reports of explosions, fires, and overheating in medical carts have forced some hospitals to evacuate, according to the FDA.
- Emergency planning: Preparing for a winter storm
As the first flakes of winter start to fly, here’s your plan to keep your facility open and operational.
- Ten resolutions to make your medical facility and workers safer in 2017
Follow our tips and advice to step up your safety and worker wellness game in the New Year
- How to prevent The Joint Commission’s top Life Safety findings
Take some advice from an expert who’s seen it all and knows what the surveyors look for
- Time to rethink smoking policies
As the CDC warns about high-tech smoking alternatives, regulators recommend changing your facility’s rules
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide at Texas hospital
Authorities are investigating a shooting at a hospital June 9 in San Marcos, Texas that left two people dead in what appears to be a murder-suicide, according to a report from USA Today.
Hospital safety professionals need to check out the latest advice and musings from Steve MacArthur, safety consultant.
Read Mac's Safety Space
All things OSHA for physician practices and ambulatory healthcare settings, including regulatory news, advice and tools for compliance.
Read OSHA Healthcare Advisor