This presentation will focus on selecting the right tools, assembling the right team, and deploying a precise strategy to produce optimal outcomes from your CDI program. It features a case study of the CDI program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and its successful transformation through use of new technology.
Space is limited; register today!
Please complete the form on the right and click
"Register" to sign up.
Presented by Anne Robertucci, MS, RHIA, director of coding operations and project director of ICD-10 for UPMC and Scott Porter, vice president of provider delivery operations for Optum360.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define how the application of natural language processing (NLP) technology allows organizations to identify cases with CDI opportunities within them and save hours of manual labor
- Describe tools to improve CDI efficiency and effectiveness
- Describe key features of automated CDI technology that support CDI objectives
- Apply proven strategies for reducing the number of queries produced which do not result in actionable information by the physician
- Assess your CDI program and plan next steps for quality improvement and better outcomes
- Discuss how data proliferation in the EHR requires a different set of tools to analyze and review a medical record
- The tools and the team
- Striving toward a field of CDI dreams: The UPMC story
- Transitioning to the new tools
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS).
White paper: Supercharged CDI: NLP, Intelligent Workflow and CAC Revolutionize CDI Program at UPMC