Section 6102 of the Resident Protection Affordable Care Act of 2010 required skilled nursing facilities (SNF) to establish a compliance and ethics program by March 23, 2013. Most of us have an existing program that may or may not be up to date, so now is the time to ensure that your program is in place, establish a compliance officer and compliance team, and think about outstanding issues that need to be addressed.
Download your complimentary whitepaper today!
This whitepaper is sponsored by HCPro's SNF Quality and Compliance Seminar.
Join us in Chicago for the only seminar that covers long-term care quality improvement while focusing on reducing financial risk. At this exciting seminar, HCPro's regulatory expert Diane Brown, BA, CPRA, will dive right into the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) initiative by providing hands-on guidance to launching a facility-specific QAPI program with a particular look at common clinical or survey concerns, plus the frequent billing, financial, and Medicare issues all SNFs face.
After attending this seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify the steps necessary to develop a QAPI program and how to incorporate it into the daily regimen
- Analyze current Medicare risk factors such as those within the PEPPER reports and the OIG Work Plan
- Conduct internal audits of current documentation, assessment, therapy utilization, and coding practices
- Make meaningful steps to reduce rehospitalizations and atypical drug use
- Recognize the signs of an adverse event and the steps to take to stop future adverse events
- Use QAPI techniques to improve the RAI and discharge processes
Click here for more information or call us at 800-650-6787.