Read our Press Releases to keep up with the latest developments at HCPro.
- December 24, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Celebrates a Year of National Recognition
HealthLeaders Media, the premier producer of news, analysis, and intelligence for senior healthcare executives, today announced a total of eight awards from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), including a Gold Award for Best Digital Magazine for HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs, a Gold Award for Best E-newsletter (in the news category) for the HealthLeaders Media Daily News & Analysis, and a Gold Award for Original Research for HealthLeaders Media’s annual Industry Intelligence Report. All of these award-winning entities are available for free on HealthLeaders Media’s site at www.healthleadersmedia.com.
- December 17, 2010: Healthcare Executives Weigh in on Details of Health Reform?Free Intelligence Report
As the healthcare industry prepares for fundamental change under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, a new HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Report, Healthcare Leaders on Reform Readiness, reveals that 60% of healthcare leaders say neither the quality nor the efficiency of healthcare at their organization will get any better after healthcare reform provisions have been implemented. This comprehensive industry intelligence report is available for free download at http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/intelligence/120/industry-insight-report.html.
- December 17, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Announces the Annual 20 People Who Make Healthcare Better
In its annual cover story, The 20 People Who Make Healthcare Better, HealthLeaders Media profiles individuals who are working to transform the healthcare system. Some, such as healthcare IT champion David Blumenthal, MD, MPP, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, and the “father of accountable care organizations” Elliott Fisher, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, are well-known to the industry; some others might not have that level of clout, but are recognized for giving of themselves to enhance healthcare. Some are revered, such as primary care physician and aviator David B. Nichols, MD, who for 31 years has been flying weekly to Tangier Island, VA, providing healthcare to residents who have triple the rate of disease elsewhere.
- November 15, 2010: HCPro relaunches coder education site with new features for medical coders
HCPro Inc., a leader in healthcare education and training, announces the re-launch of its popular JustCoding Website with more opportunities to earn continuing education credits as well as new features and updates for medical coders.
- October 1, 2010: ACDIS Celebrates Third Anniversary, Membership Tops 2,000
ACDIS celebrates its third anniversary on October 1, 2010. In just three years, membership has grown to more than 2,000, and by year-end, 500 CDI specialists are expected to have earned the association’s CCDS certification.
- September 30, 2010: Paula Long Named Regulatory Specialist for Beacon Health
Beacon Health has completed an intensive year-long search and named Paula Long, RN CHCE, its new Regulatory Specialist for Homecare and Hospice. Long replaces the retiring Diane Omdahl, effective October 1, as Beacon Health’s authority in all aspects of homecare and hospice.
- September 27, 2010: ICD-10 Training starts today with free e-newsletter from HCPro
HCPro Inc., a leader in healthcare education and training, has launched a new, free e-newsletter, ICD-10 Trainer, to will help health care organizations get ready for a smooth transition to the new ICD-10 coding system that takes effect October 2013.
- September 10, 2010: MDS 3.0 Boot Camp now available online
HCPro Inc., a leader in healthcare education and training, announces the popular four-day boot camp for MDS 3.0 training is now available as a four-week online course.
- September 7, 2010: HCPro announces launch of new ICD-10 Boot Camp training
HCPro Inc., a leader in healthcare education and training, announces the launch of its ICD-10 Basics Boot Camp training programs for onsite training.
- August 24, 2010: HCPro announces the online version of its Clinical Documentation Improvement Boot Camp
HCPro Inc., a leader in healthcare education and training, and the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) announce the popular four-day boot camp for clinical documentation improvement (CDI) specialists is now available as a two-week online program.
- July 7, 2010: HealthLeaders Media announces Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare award winners
The Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare award program, sponsored by GE Healthcare, is now in its seventh year. The program is designed to celebrate the outstanding teamwork that occurs in healthcare organizations each day, to share what makes top leadership teams successful, and to encourage other healthcare leaders to learn more from the best practices of top leadership teams.
- July 6, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Looks at Healthcare Information Technology That Enables Performance
In the rush to implement healthcare information technology, providers might miss crucial steps to get the most from their systems and best reengineer care processes to provide higher quality and better value. HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs: HIT That Enables Quality, Efficiency, and Value profiles health systems that are successfully using healthcare information technology to enable improved care processes.
- May 17, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Announces a Half-day Seminar Seamless Systems of Care: Better Alignment, Coordination, and Outcomes, Hosted at Geisinger Health, Danville, PA
New division launched from HealthLeaders Media with top national healthcare facilities on emergency department challenges that top leaders are facing.
- May 10, 2010: HCPro Honors Nursing Home Staff During National Nursing Home Week
In recognition of National Nursing Home Week, HCPro is pleased to offer a 15% discount on all of its long-term care products from May 9 - May 15. It is also dedicating coverage of the festivities in flagship publications such as Contemporary Long-Term Care Weekly and on MDS Central (www.mdscentralonline.com).
- May 6, 2010: HCPro Honors Bedside Caregivers During Nurses Week
In recognition of National Nurses Week, HCPro is pleased to offer a 15% discount on all of its nursing products from May 6-May 12. It is also dedicating coverage of the festivities in flagship publications such as Strategies for Nurse Managers (http://www.StrategiesforNurseManagers.com).
- May 4, 2010: HealthLeaders Magazine Named Publication of the Year - ASHPE's Most Prestigious Award
HealthLeaders Media, the premier producer of information resources for senior healthcare executives, today announced that HealthLeaders Magazine has been named “Magazine of the Year” by ASHPE, the American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors.
- May 3, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs: The Impact of Personalized Medicine Today
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs: The Impact of Personalized Medicine Today profiles progressive health systems that are bringing together medical researchers and physicians to write the prescription for the practical benefits of personalized medicine that will improve the frontlines of healthcare delivery. Personalized medicine is where genetic testing, health IT, and patient-centered care intersect—and where high-value healthcare will live in the foreseeable future.
- March 2, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs: Mission Driven, Financially Strong
Healthcare financial strategies changed forever in 2009. With the publication of HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs: Mission Driven, Financially Strong HealthLeaders Media asks hospitals if their strategies have changed with it.
- February 26, 2010: HCPro, Inc., and Beacon Health Announce the Launch of the Center for Post Acute Excellence
In response to the ever-changing regulatory and payment landscape of the long-term care and homecare industries, HCPro, Inc., a leading provider of regulatory compliance and management products and services, announced today the launch of, The Center for Post Acute Excellence. Regulatory experts from The Center for Post Acute Excellence provide solutions to foster discussion among staff members, ensure that your staff is current on the latest rules and guidelines, and help you gauge how new regulatory changes will impact your organization today and in the future.
- February 24, 2010: HealthLeaders Media Announces a Half-day Seminar, Cancer Service Line Success: Better Coordination, Better Outcomes
HealthLeaders Media, the premier producer of information resources for senior healthcare executives, announces a half-day seminar, Cancer Service Line Success: Better Coordination, Better Outcomes. This limited-seating event is the second in the HealthLeaders Media Rounds series held at leading hospitals across the country. With the number of cancer survivors anticipated to double in the next ten years, HealthLeaders Media asks if healthcare organizations are positioned to meet the demand.
- February 18, 2010: HealthLeaders Media, the Premier Producer of Information Resources for Senior Healthcare Executives, Announces the Launch of HealthLeaders Media Rounds
HealthLeaders Media, the premier producer of information resources for senior healthcare executives, announces the launch of HealthLeaders Media Rounds, a series of live 3-hour, limited-seating national events hosted at leading hospitals across the country and available onsite or via Internet simulcast. Go to http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/rounds for more information.
- February 11, 2010: HealthLeaders Media 2010 Industry Survey Results
About one-third of physician leaders acknowledge that factors other than medical care represent a "major influence" in their decision-making regarding tests or procedures. In the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey of physician leaders, 33% said fear of lawsuits was a "major influence" when ordering tests or procedures. Another 48% consider such defensive medicine concerns a "minor influence." Thirty percent say reimbursement and revenue considerations are a "major influence," with another 38% saying these fiscal considerations are a "minor influence." Pressure from patients themselves is considered a major influence by 28%, with 55% citing that as a minor influence.