- » Long-Term Care Main Page
Long-Term Care Headlines
- Upcoming webcast! WEBCAST REBROADCAST: SNF Consolidated Billing: Who Really Has to Pay All These Invoices?
Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. ETWhen a vendor invoice is received, are you confident with your skilled nursing facility consolidated billing processes and knowing whether or not it should be paid? Join expert Janet Potter, CPA, MAS, for this 90-minute webcast to review the five major categories of skilled nursing facility consolidated billing and the inclusions and exclusions that apply to each.
- The Older Americans Act bill is approved by the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) voted to approve S. 192- which reauthorizes the Older Americans Act. This Act provides social and nutrition services to older adults.
- Reform needed for Medicare's payments to SNFs
In a report produced jointly by the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission and the Urban Institute, MedPAC is urging CMS to adopt an alternative design for payment accuracy within Medicare’s system.
- Volunteer for ICD-10 End-to-End Testing in April: Forms Due January 9
During the week of April 26 through May 1, 2015, a second sample group of providers will have the opportunity to participate in ICD-10 end-to-end testing with Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and the Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI) contractor.
- FREE Consolidated Billing white paper
Consolidated billing can be a complicated task. Sign up to receive a FREE white paper featuring a sample of questions and answers highlighted in a recent HCPro webcast, "SNF Consolidated Billing: Who Really Has to Pay All These Invoices?" presented by long-term care billing expert Janet Potter, CPA, MAS.The top 3 questions answered in this white paper include:
For access to the full white paper, click here.
- Q: Where can a SNF find the Medicare allowable amounts for technical components that they are liable for?
- Q: If Medicare takes their money back due to an audit, are we still liable for consolidated billing during that period?
- Q: Is a PET scan included or excluded in consolidated billing?
- Court dismisses lawsuit over Medicare backlog appeals
Healthcare providers cannot expect the justice system to help resolve a huge backlog of Medicare appeals, a U.S. District Court judge ruled recently.
Long-Term Care Blog
MDSCentral gives long-term care professionals MDS 3.0 news and resources to prepare for the new assessment system.
Upcoming webcast! WEBCAST REBROADCAST: SNF Consolidated Billing: Who Really Has to Pay All These Invoices?
The Older Americans Act bill is approved by the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Reform needed for Medicare's payments to SNFs
The Older Americans Act bill is being reintroduced
We need your help—take our brief survey today!