- CMS continues packaging, tweaks 2-midnight rule in 2016 OPPS final rule
CMS is sharply accelerating its push toward moving outpatient payments from a fee-for-service model to a true prospective payment system with a number of its proposals in the 2016 OPPS proposed rule, including new comprehensive APCs (C-APC) and extensive APC consolidation and reconfiguration.
- Low-income patients tuning in to digital solutions
Got apps? Case managers and other health professionals are increasingly turning to digital tools to help support patients after they leave the hospital. Digital technologies have been used for everything from helping patients quit smoking to helping them keep in touch with clinicians to report details about their condition, and finding resources.
- Q&A: Claims for hyperbaric oxygen therapy rejected
Q: We have been receiving rejections of our claims with HCPCS code C1300 (hyperbaric oxygen under pressure, full body chamber, per 30-minute interval). We have not found a replacement code.
- Q&A: Did CMS update pass-through devices in July’s quarterly update?
Q: Are there any new pass-through devices or changes for July under the OPPS?
- The perils of cut-and-paste documentation
It may sometimes seem easier for a physician to grab a block of prewritten text and paste it into a patient record. But while this quick cut-and-paste may shave a few minutes off initially, it can create some major headaches down the line.
- Q&A: Which new HCPCS codes are effective July 1?
Q: You previously wrote about new code Q5101 for Zarxio®. Are there any additional HCPCS codes already released for use beginning July 1?