- » Home Health & Hospice Main Page
Beacon Institute Resources
- How does good posture affect the musculoskeletal system?
How does good posture affect the musculoskeletal system?
- Ward off work-related injuries with good posture
Good posture means more than just sitting up straight, particularly when it comes to protecting direct care staff from work-related musculoskeletal disorders. How does good posture affect the musculoskeletal system? It ensures that muscles will receive a sufficient blood supply, thereby allowing them to eliminate waste, receive nourishment, and repair damage caused by stress. In other words, good posture helps the body work more effectively and efficiently.
- Weekly Roundup
After the Inspector General's office investigated an unnamed veteran's death in April, the IG has found that the number of veterans waiting for home health services increased at 27 facilities, from 1,721 in September 2014 to 2,566 in March 2015. In five facilities, more than half of the veterans were waiting for home health.
- Why must agencies be able to produce documentation that demonstrates their clinicians’ competencies?
Why must agencies be able to produce documentation that demonstrates their clinicians' competencies?
- Insider's Scoop | Assessing clinical competencies: Gastrointestinal skill checklist
No matter what changes in homecare, there will always be the need to validate clinician competencies. It is not sufficient to send clinicians into the field assuming that they are proficient simply based on their licensure. It is up to agencies to verify that clinicians remain current and proficient in their skills.
- Provider-Based Entities: A Guide to Regulatory and Billing Compliance
Provider-Based Entities: A Guide to Regulatory and Billing Compliance is a comprehensive guide to compliance with qualifications, operations, and requirements of provider-based clinics and departments.