- » Accreditation Main Page
- CDC warns of antibiotic overuse
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging hospitals to launch antibiotic stewardship programs to reduce antibiotic overuse and prevent the spread of drug-resistant organisms.
- 2015 IPPS Final Rule focuses on healthcare quality efforts
The fiscal year 2015 IPPS final rule devotes a substantial amount of its updates to hospital quality improvement efforts.
- Tennessee surgical quality collaborative touts successes
A surgical quality collaborative in Tennessee allowed 10 hospitals to reduce surgical complications by nearly 20% since 2009, saving at least 533 lives and $75 million in reduced costs.
- California fines hospitals for medical errors
Eight California hospitals were fined a total of $775,000 by the state for preventable medical errors that put 10 patients in immediate jeopardy of serious injury or death.
- Experts to Senate panel: Patient safety remains a huge concern
Fifteen years after a major Institute of Medicine report, hospitals have made no progress on patient safety, experts told a Senate panel last week.
- Study: OR briefings can improve teamwork, surgical outcomes
A new study found that preoperative briefings can lead to improved team communication and safety in the operating room.
Read Center Reflections
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
Read AHAP Blog