- » Accreditation Main Page
- New Sentinel Event Alert focuses on patient falls prevention
A new Sentinel Event Alert (SEA) issued by The Joint Commission this week urges healthcare facilities to take action to prevent falls and fall-related injuries.
- FDA releases guidelines for reprocessing bronchoscopes
In the wake of recent outbreaks related to contaminated devices, the Food and Drug Administration last week issued new safety recommendations for healthcare facilities that reprocess flexible bronchoscopes.
- Joint Commission: Surgical errors top latest list of sentinel events
Wrong-patient, wrong-site, or wrong-procedure errors top the list of sentinel event statistics reported to The Joint Commission through the second quarter of 2015.
- Joint Commission seeks input on proposed revisions to NPSG on catheter-associated infections
The Joint Commission is looking for input on revisions to its National Patient Safety Goal on the prevention of catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
- Joint Commission releases top five most-cited standards for first half of 2015
Safety, infection control, and medical records top The Joint Commission’s list of most-cited standards for the first six months of 2015.
- University of Michigan hospital uses sound panels to reduce noise
In an effort to cut down on the high noise level in hospitals, one Michigan facility has tested the use of sound-absorbing panels in hallways.
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
New Sentinel Event Alert focuses on patient falls prevention
Reducing the length of stay: Not yours, but somebody who visits but once in a three-year cycle...
Reduce clinical alarm fatigue with new HCPro webcast
Joint Commission launches leadership module on Physical Environment portal
Joint Commission seeks comments on proposed changes to National Patient Safety Goal on Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections