- » Accreditation Main Page
- CDC report encourages antibiotic stewardship to prevent HAIs
A new CDC report provides guidance for hospitals on proper antibiotic prescribing practices.
- CMS clarifies two-midnight rule, but hospitals still upset
The CMS last week issued another clarification of its two midnight rule, but hospitals say the policy remains faulty.
- Texas hospital declines award after lawsuits filed over botched surgeries
A Texas hospital announced it won’t accept the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award after former patients filed lawsuits alleging that the facility allowed a neurosurgeon to repeatedly botch surgeries.
- Joint Commission seeks comments on proposed perinatal care certification requirements
The proposed requirements of a new Joint Commission perinatal care certification program are up for field review.
- CMS delays two-midnight rule enforcement
After opposition from hospitals and physicians, the CMS has delayed enforcement of its controversial two-midnight rule until October.
- Joint Commission clarifies gas cylinder storage requirements
The Joint Commission has added new clarifications to storage requirements for medical gas cylinders.
Read Center Reflections
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
Read AHAP Blog