- » Accreditation Main Page
- CMS proposes adoption of 2012 Life Safety Code®
CMS yesterday announced a proposed rule to adopt an updated edition of the Life Safety Code® for use in hospitals and other settings.
- Syracuse surgeon accused of slapping anesthetized patients
A surgeon at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center in Syracuse, N.Y., is accused of slapping anesthetized patients on the buttocks and calling them names before surgery, according to a CMS report.
- Joint Commission releases top-cited standards of 2013
Safety issues continue to top The Joint Commission’s annual list of top standards compliance issues, with seven of the top 10 coming from the Life Safety and Environment of Care chapters.
- Study: One in five facilities doesn't provide enough hand sanitizer
A new study found that one in five U.S. health facilities doesn’t make alcohol-based hand sanitizer available at every point of care.
- Joint Commission releases prepublication standards for EC chapter
The Joint Commission has released revised requirements for the Environment of Care chapter.
- CDC report encourages antibiotic stewardship to prevent HAIs
A new CDC report provides guidance for hospitals on proper antibiotic prescribing practices.
Read Center Reflections
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
Read AHAP Blog