- » Accreditation Main Page
- President signs executive order to fight antibiotic resistance
President Barack Obama last week announced a national strategy to prevent the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Joint Commission to add new patient safety chapter to manual
The Joint Commission is adding a new patient safety-focused chapter to its accreditation manual and has redesigned the chapter on sentinel events.
- Safety issues continue to dominate top-cited standards list
Eight of The Joint Commission’s top 10 standards compliance issues for the first half of 2014 are safety-related.
- Standards revisions align with CMS changes
New Joint Commission revisions to hospital standards have been made to align with CMS effort to reduce unnecessary requirements.
- New Sentinel Event Alert warns about tubing misconnections
A new Sentinel Event Alert from The Joint Commission warns hospitals to take extra measures to prevent misconnected IV, drug, and feeding tubes.
- CDC warns of antibiotic overuse
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging hospitals to launch antibiotic stewardship programs to reduce antibiotic overuse and prevent the spread of drug-resistant organisms.
Read Center Reflections
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
Read AHAP Blog