- » Accreditation Main Page
- Joint Commission seeks comments on proposed diagnostic imaging standards changes
The Joint Commission seeks input on proposed changes to its diagnostic imaging requirements for technologists who perform diagnostic CT exams.
- CMS to expand hospital infection reporting
The CMS announced plans to expand reporting of healthcare-associated infections to provide a clearer picture of hospital infection rates.
- Joint Commission updates FAQs
The Joint Commission recently updated a slew of online FAQs to its hospital standards.
- Joint Commission clarifies imaging equipment evaluations
The Joint Commission clarified that accredited organizations providing diagnostic imaging services have until July 1, 2016 to comply with the accreditor’s requirement for an annual performance evaluation of imaging equipment.
- Joint Commission releases sentinel event statistics
The Joint Commission’s latest roundup of sentinel event statistics found that unintended retention of foreign objects, patient falls, and suicide topped the list of most-reported events in 2014.
- Joint Commission proposes hip and knee replacement advanced certification program
The Joint Commission plans to launch a new optional advanced certification program for organizations that provide total hip and knee replacement.
Healthcare accreditation professionals hear from AHAP (Association) advisors and other accreditation experts about challenges and solutions.
Editor's Choice: Live accreditation training with Jean Clark
The Joint Commission has revised accreditation policies concerning facilities that discontinue services
Advisory panel determines endoscopes unsafe
Physicians urged to take more active leadership role to improve quality and patient safety
The Joint Commission updates several standards for hospitals