- Residency Program Coordinator Boot Camp-Online
HCPro's Residency Program Coordinator Boot Camp—Online is an intensive course that will train both osteopathic and allopathic program coordinators on ACGME requirements, best practices for survey readiness, the Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER), and overall program support and management.
After completing the online Residency Program Coordinator Boot Camp, you’ll be able to:
- Interpret ACGME standards and support compliance efforts
- Support the program director in meeting the ACGME standards
- Understand GME and associated terminology
- Clearly define the roles, tasks, and expectations of the program director, program coordinator, and residents
- Manage recruitment, orientation, and credentialing processes
- Develop strategies to optimize daily program management tasks
- Support the accreditation process
- Learn responsibilities specific to managing surgical, medical, and hospital-based programs
For more information, visit http://hcmarketplace.com/residency-program-coordinator-online-boot-camp.
- Setting resident performance expectations
It is inevitable that you will have to address the issue of a resident who is having difficulties performing the expected duties of a physician-in-training.
- Surgery residents prefer flexible hours
Results of the Flexibility in Duty Hour Requirements for Surgical Trainees (FIRST) Trial find that general surgery residents at all levels favor flexible duty hours.
- Initiative launched to prevent physician, medical trainee suicides
The ACGME, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), and the Mayo Clinic recently introduced a library of educational resources in responses to the growing rate of burnout, depression, and suicide among physicians and trainees.
- Heard this week
“Residents can be empowered to improve the quality and value of care. Leaders of healthcare organizations need to stop thinking of residents (or residencies) as a problem, but rather think of them as part of the solution.”
- George E. Thibault, MD, Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation president, discusses innovating GME in the introduction to the foundation’s new report.
- Editor’s note
Now that we’ve entered the holiday season, I’d like to know what’s on your GME wish list. What types of tools or resources would you like to receive? What new developments in GME are you hoping to see next year? Let me know.
Thanks for reading!
Son Hoang, editor, Residency Program Insider