Want to receive headlines like these in your inbox? Subscribe to one of our free Rehab e-Newsletters
- Q/A: Did CMS add any codes to the conditionally bilateral list?
Q: Did CMS add any codes to the conditionally bilateral list as part of the April OPPS update?
- AOTA endorses outcomes measurement tool for occupational therapy
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) recently endorsed an outcomes measurement tool that evaluates functional improvement to help OTs improve the quality of their services.
- New specialty code for SLPs
CMS developed a new non-physician practitioner specialty code, specialty code 15, to categorize SLP services.
- Time management for rehab managers
Time management can be learned and honed through the use of various tools and by understanding the importance of following through on the plan.
- Stimulus package put money into researching treatment outcomes
The $787 billion economic stimulus package will provide researchers with $1.1 billion to compare the effectiveness of different medical treatments.
- New law to license Michigan OTs
A bill to license Michigan OTs and OT assistants was signed into law on January 12.