Case Management Headlines
- New diabetes toolkit available
Patients with diabetes present many challenges to healthcare organizations.
- Review tags programs that help complex patients
Patients with chronic illnesses and complex health needs present many challenges to hospitals. A new review has shed some light on some of the best types of programs to help them.
- Proposed rule could put huge staffing burden on hospitals
A new proposed rule aimed at reducing readmission rates and improving patient care could bring big changes for case management—in some instances requiring hospitals to nearly double the number of full-time case managers they have on staff, say experts.
- Ask the expert: Is the three-day qualifying stay going away?
Under current Medicare rules, patients can only get coverage for a stay in a skilled nursing facility if they’ve spent three consecutive inpatient days in a hospital. If they are receiving observation services, the stay does not quality for coverage.
- Add this best practice to improve your results with patients
If you spend more time looking at charts than patients, you might be missing important opportunities to improve care and prevent readmissions.
- Changes to 2-midnight rule included in 2016 OPPS final rule
CMS finalized proposed changes to the 2-midnight rule in its 2016 OPPS final rule.