Case Management Headlines
- Ensuring clear and concise documentation critical for case managers
Proper documentation is critical when it comes to supporting medical necessity and providing quality patient care. Case managers can be a crucial component when it comes ensuring documentation supports medical necessity.
- AHA wants revisions to Readmissions Reductions Program
CMS’ Readmissions Reduction Program has come under fire numerous times from individuals and organizations who say the formula used to calculate penalties is flawed.
- Telemonitoring may help improve cardiac outcomes and reduce costs
A new study in the American Journal of Managed Care shows that efforts to focus reduce depression, stress, and anxiety among cardiac patients may help improve outcomes and lower costs.
- Automation coming to healthcare
Automation coming to healthcare
- Case managers identify critical topics in survey
Case managers across the country have some unique challenges these days. With new regulations and new pressures to prevent readmissions, some experts say their job is more difficult than ever before. Case managers typically juggle a high number of cases on a daily basis, some of which involve patients with complex needs.
- Study: Boost post-discharge care to prevent sepsis-related readmissions
Sepsis patients may need improved post-discharge care to keep them from needing a return visit to the hospital, according to research letter published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.