- » Executive Leadership Main Page
Executive Leadership Headlines
- Hospital Legionella risk management tool flawed
A tool that many hospitals use to assess the risk of Legionella in facilities may give a false sense of security.
- Treat Your Doctors Like Pilots
I spent the early part of this week at HFMA's Annual National Institute in Las Vegas. One of the things I like to do at these shows is talk to vendors and their customers about their efforts to improve their organizations.
- AHA: Congress Must Expand Medicaid Share Now to Avoid State Health and Hospital Cuts
The American Hospital Association is giving its campaign to extend federal Medicaid funding another strong push, saying that if Congress waits too long to provide relief, states and hospitals may be forced to further cut critical staff and curtail healthcare programs for the poor.
- Live from HFMA-ANI: Lessons on Efficiency from Vegas
Hospitals are going to have to get a lot more efficient under healthcare reform, there's no question about that. The main reason is that there is no reason to believe that reimbursement is going to get any better than it is right now.
- Live from HFMA-ANI: Searching for Savings in the Reform Era
Hospitals aren't sitting on their collective hands waiting for healthcare reform to take a bite out of their bottom lines.
- Millions Lost To Contractual Underpayments, and How My Cable Bill Can Help
I'm about to offer you a hard pill to swallow; as many as 40% of your payers are likely underpaying you AND they aren't doing it intentionally AND they aren't violating your contracts.