- » Case Management Main Page
Case Management Headlines
- The Baby Boom generation is aging, is your emergency department ready to meet its needs?
The volume of older adult patients are projected to increase from 13% to 25% in the 65-plus age group and from 1.5% to 5% in the 85-plus age group, according to Joan Michelle Moccia, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CCRN, and Ann Marie Hill, MSW, LICSW, contributors to HCPro’s Emergency Department Case Management: The Compendium of Best Practices, 2nd Edition.
- New tool can help discharge planning process
With readmission penalties increasing to 3% this year, and the addition of new conditions to the Readmission Reduction Program—chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, elective total hip arthroplasty, and total knee arthroplasty—it’s more important than ever to focus on discharge planning.
- Value-based care driving new jobs
An increased focus on value-based care is creating new jobs within hospitals, according to a report by HealthLeaders Media.
- Federal court weighs in on admission-status decision making
Who has the ultimate say when it comes to admission status?
- Good healthcare hinges on cultural competency
Today, physicians and other clinicians are increasingly treating a more culturally diverse population.
- Effectively transitioning requires asking the right questions
In December 2014, the Commission for Case Manager Certification and its CMLearning Network® explored the best and most effective ways to improve transitions for patients.