- » Case Management Main Page
Case Management Headlines
- Low-income patients tuning in to digital solutions
Got apps? Case managers and other health professionals are increasingly turning to digital tools to help support patients after they leave the hospital. Digital technologies have been used for everything from helping patients quit smoking to helping them keep in touch with clinicians to report details about their condition, and finding resources.
- Study: CMS off the mark on readmission causes
CMS may not be getting it right when it comes to readmissions, according to a new study published in the Journal of General Internal Medicine.
- AHA: We're unhappy with aspects of the proposed inpatient rule for 2016
CMS should have addressed the 2-midnight rule, but didn’t in the fiscal year 2016 IPPS proposed rule, according to the American Hospital Association.
- Study: Readmissions may be more frequent than originally thought
A new study in the Annals of Internal Medicine concludes that readmissions may be more frequent than commonly believed.
- The perils of cut-and-paste documentation
It may sometimes seem easier for a physician to grab a block of prewritten text and paste it into a patient record. But while this quick cut-and-paste may shave a few minutes off initially, it can create some major headaches down the line.
- Get the lowdown on case management software
In the market for a new IT system and don’t know where to start? The Case Management Society of America offers some tips on how to choose a good system in its most recent electronic newsletter.