Save the date: The third annual Clinical Documentation Improvement Week takes place on September 16-20, 2013.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Week Frequently Asked Questions
Why is a week of national recognition needed?
CDI specialists need a week of recognition for the following reasons:
- To recognize the unique skills and expertise of CDI specialists
- To increase public awareness of the CDI profession
- To positively affect the personal and organizational performance of CDI specialists
- To provide broader education on the importance of the quality connection of documentation of care
When will the national recognition week take place?
Clinical Documentation Improvement Week will occur annually during the third week of September. In 2013 it will take place on September 16-20, 2013.
How was the national recognition week developed?
A work group organized and supported by the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) convened over several months to plan and organize the event and develop resourcesand promotional events.
What resources can I access and where?
This page will provide an electronic toolkit for download, which will include PowerPoint® training tools for CDI specialists, a poster, a downloadable logo, a special video clip, and ideas about how you can celebrate the week in your facility.
* The toolkit is now live: See the "Toolkit" link at the top of this page.
Can I purchase Clinical Documentation Improvement Week or ACDIS-branded items?
Yes. Purchase Clinical Documentation Improvement Week and ACDIS-branded items for yourself or your staff as a way of saying thanks and for team and morale-building.
Check back here for more updates and details closer to the week.