Safety

Fire started by California hospital workers threatens homes

Hospital Safety Insider, September 10, 2015

Want to receive articles like this one in your inbox? Subscribe to Hospital Safety Insider!

Workers building a new parking garage at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California, set off an accidental grass fire that burned nearly an acre September 9, according to a report from the Marin Independent Journal.

The fire, which started at about 1:45 p.m. on a hillside near the hospital, quickly spread toward a nearby subdivision where firefighters were able to contain it to about three-quarters of an acre. No evacuations were necessary and no residents or workers were injured, according to the report.

The fire was the second at Marin General Hospital this month. According to the report, a September 1 fire in a sterile processing room at the hospital was caused by an overheated battery pack on a piece of equipment. That fire damaged a wall and ceiling tiles.

Read more here.



Want to receive articles like this one in your inbox? Subscribe to Hospital Safety Insider!

    Hospital Safety Center
  • Hospital Safety Center

    Improve compliance with hospital safety standards from The Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulators with this...

  • Healthcare Life Safety Compliance

    Created exclusively for healthcare facility managers, plant operations professionals, and directors of engineering, this...

  • Hospital Safety Insider

    Stay on top of hospital safety requirements and best practices with our free, fast-paced weekly update.

  • Basic OSHA Compliance Manual Kit

    Total compliance has never been easier. This one convenient package contains everything you need to ensure your outpatient...

  • Basic Dental OSHA Compliance Manual Kit

    Total compliance has never been easier. This one convenient package contains everything you need to ensure your dental...

Most Popular