Safety

Hospital worker dies of anesthetic overdose

OSHA Healthcare Connection, March 29, 2011

A Pittsburgh area hospital worker was found dead in a storage closet next to a bottle of inhalant anesthesia, reported the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on March 22.

For now police are ruling out foul play and characterizing the incident at Advanced Surgical Hospital in North Franklin, PA, as an accidental overdose.

For more information, see the feature article at OSHA Healthcare Advisor.

    Hospital Safety Center
  • Hospital Safety Center

    Improve compliance with hospital safety standards from The Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulators with this...

  • Healthcare Life Safety Compliance

    Created exclusively for healthcare facility managers, plant operations professionals, and directors of engineering, this...

  • Hospital Safety Insider

    Stay on top of hospital safety requirements and best practices with our free, fast-paced weekly update.

  • Medical Environment Update

    A subscription to Medical Environment Update pays for itself by saving you time sorting through complex regulations and...

  • Bloodborne Pathogens Training Video

    Meets OSHA requirements for training employees on the bloodborne pathogens standard!

Most Popular