Recent Recovery Auditor activity
Recovery Auditor Report, April 5, 2012
DCS Healthcare posts three new issues across two categories
DCS Healthcare added three new issues across two categories—two for skilled nursing facility claims and one for medical necessity claims—to its CMS-approved list for providers in Region A. (See links for individual state applicability.)
CGI posts three new issues for medical necessity claims
CGI added three new issues for medical necessity claims to its CMS-approved list for providers in all Region B states.
Connolly posts six new issues across two categories
Connolly Healthcare added six new issues across two categories?five for outpatient hospital ? unspecified claims and one for physician claims? to its CMS-approved list for all providers in Region C states.
HealthDataInsights posts two new issues for medical necessity claims
HealthDataInsights (HDI) added two new issues for medical necessity claims to its CMS-approved list for providers in all Region D states.
- Study: Almost half of nurses are thinking about leaving the profession
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Bill and charge for supplies correctly to reduce risk and minimize lost revenue
- Seven tips for slashing ED wait times with limited resources
- QA:Coding multiple initial infusions
- Q&A: Query for "Type 2 injury"
- Q&A: Coding using suspected, probable diagnoses
- Q&A: Coding for transplant complications
- Note from the Instructor: Review of hospital inpatient mental health services payable under the inpatient psychiatric facility prospective payment system (IPF PPS)
- Increase patient satisfaction by improving your discharge process
- HIPAA Q&A: Maintenance of medical records after physician death
- Don't underestimate the importance of good documentation