Residency Program Alert, March 2012
Residency Program Alert, March 1, 2012
Match Day 2012 marks a new era. The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) restructured the chaotic Scramble process for unmatched residents and programs via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to create the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP).
- CMS seeks comment on quality measures
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Q&A: Why do we receive an edit when reporting fluoroscopy?
- Welcome to the new and improved APCs Insider!
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- ICD-10 tip: Coding for infectious and parasitic diseases
- Washington passes legislation to increase residency positions
- Understand the tracer methodology survey
- Tip of the week: Prior to a fair hearing, allow the physician in question to object to hearing panel members
- New malnutrition criteria could help ensure consistent coding
- Joint Commission updates FAQs
- ICD-10 opponents mount last-ditch roadblocks to implementation
- Clinical documentation tips for ICD-10