Patient Safety Monitor Journal, June 2012
Patient Safety Monitor, June 1, 2012
Many hospitals across the nation are already working with health IT, including electronic health records (EHR) and bar code scanning-especially as CMS' Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs (commonly referred to as "meaningful use") promise to provide incentive payments to eligible hospitals as they adopt, implement, upgrade, or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Hackers demand second ransom after hospital pays
- Seven savvy tips for coding sepsis and SIRS
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Joint Commission deletes more than 130 requirements, including medical record requirements
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- Your Hospital's Financial Statements: How Management Keeps Score