EHR Incentive Program Stage 3 Tipsheets, Worksheets, and Alternate Exclusions and Specification guidelines
Physician Practice Insider, December 15, 2015
CMS has released additional resources to assist eligible professionals (EP) participating in its EHR Incentive Programs. These documents will help EPs better understand and apply the program’s objectives and measurements to their practice, according to CMS. Other new documents contain information on changes that were made to the program for 2015.
The new resources include:
- EHR Incentive Programs for Eligible Professionals: What You Need to Know Tipsheet for 2015
- EHR Incentive Programs: 2015 through 2017 (Modified Stage 2) Overview
- EHR Incentive Programs: What’s Changed for EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 (Modified Stage 2)
- Eligible Professional Attestation Worksheet for Modified Stage 2 of the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program in 2015
- EHR Incentive Programs in 2015: Alternate Exclusions & Specifications
- EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 Objectives and Measures for Eligible Professionals
- Eligible Professional EHR Incentive Program Objectives and Measures for 2015 Specification Sheets
The tipsheet provides a summary of the program’s objectives and measurements, an outline of the reporting period, and a summary of payment adjustments and attestation deadlines. The Attestation Worksheet breaks down meaningful use requirements in a checklist that EPs can use to track their progress. There are 10 objectives for 2015 to 2017, including providing the capability for patients to send and receive secure messages from their physician, providing patients electronic access to their health information, and electronic prescribing of medications. Some objectives have two or more measurements that must be met to be completed. EPs should compare these to CMS’ list of alternate exclusions and specifications, also included on the worksheet, to determine whether any apply to them.
The public comment period for Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Stage 3 final rule is in its final hours. Comments can be submitted until 11:59pm EST, December 15. The Stage 3 final rule was released October 6.
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Brace for more revisions to Joint Commission's EC and LS chapters
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Heard this week
- Tip: Lipoma removals
- How coders can build a successful relationship with their physicians
- Quiz: Code 76000 or 75998 for catheter patency checks?
- Q/A: Revenue codes for drug charges
- Q&A: Sepsis as a primary diagnosis
- Q&A tackles coding questions about injections and infusions
- Physician group creates ethical guidelines for EHR use
- Note from the Instructor: Provider-Based vs. Freestanding Locations: Financials Flip-flop with New Packaging
- Improve documentation with 15 tips for timely record completion
- HIPAA: Safeguard Residents’ PHI