Leading hospitalist joins Google's health advisory council
Hospitalist Leadership Connection, July 18, 2007
Robert Wachter, MD, a professor of medicine at the University of California at San Francisco and past president of the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) who is credited with co-creating the term "hospitalist," recently joined a new health advisory council established by Google, according to SHM's July e-newsletter.
Healthcare experts from provider organizations, consumer and disease-based groups, physician organizations, research institutions, policy foundations, and other fields compose the council. Its mission is to assist Google in understanding problems that both consumers and providers face, and to offer feedback on product ideas and development, the SHM states.
According to SHM, Google will use the council's research and feedback to help make the search engine's results "more medically relevant."
For more information about SHM, go to www.hospitalmedicine.org.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- CMS seeks comment on quality measures
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- ICD-10-CM coma, stroke codes require more specific documentation
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Weekly roundup
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Q: My supervisor is questioning the mileage and the care I provided for a patient who lives 30 miles away. How can I justify my time and travel?
- What would be the correct response for M1610, urinary incontinence or urinary catheter present, for the patient who has nephrostomy tubes?
- Virtual reality a potential solution for pain management
- Tip: Understand breast capsule procedures
- The five key elements of a good orientation program
- Q&A: Code assignment for hospital acquired/healthcare associated conditions
- New malnutrition criteria could help ensure consistent coding
- Learn how to hold staff accountable in a nonpunitive culture
- Joint Commission to make antibiotic stewardship mandatory by 2017
- Inpatient-only procedures: Accuracy helps avoid denials, ensure compliance
- How to report ultrasound with ultrasound guided biopsy of thyroid