Billing Alert for Long-Term Care, April 2012
Billing Alert for Long-Term Care, April 1, 2012
In January 2012, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) voted to recommend significant changes to the way skilled nursing providers are paid by the government through Medicare.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- ICD-10-CM coma, stroke codes require more specific documentation
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Weekly roundup
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Q: My supervisor is questioning the mileage and the care I provided for a patient who lives 30 miles away. How can I justify my time and travel?
- What to expect when coding CAD, MI with ICD-10-CM
- Tip: Understand breast capsule procedures
- The five key elements of a good orientation program
- Q&A: HIPAA Notice of Privacy
- Q&A: Code assignment for hospital acquired/healthcare associated conditions
- New malnutrition criteria could help ensure consistent coding
- Learn how to hold staff accountable in a nonpunitive culture
- Joint Commission to make antibiotic stewardship mandatory by 2017
- Inpatient-only procedures: Accuracy helps avoid denials, ensure compliance
- How to report ultrasound with ultrasound guided biopsy of thyroid
- How to bill separately for nebulizer treatments