- » e-Newsletters
Choose the correct codes for suture repair of
HCPro Coder Connection, November 17, 2003
1. The diagnostic reason for the encounter was spastic entropion, right lower eyelid.
2. The answer is a. one ICD-9-CM code is required for this case.
3. ICD-9-CM diagnosis code 374.03 is the appropriate code for this case.
4. The answer is c. Repair of entropion, suture.
5. The ICD-9-CM procedure and CPT procedure codes appropriate for this case are 08.42, "Repair, entropion, by or with suture" and 67921-E4, "Repair, eyelid, entropion, suture."
This week's HCProCoder Connection was adapted from The Modifier Clinic: A Guide to Hospital Outpatient Issues.
- Study: Almost half of nurses are thinking about leaving the profession
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Bill and charge for supplies correctly to reduce risk and minimize lost revenue
- Seven tips for slashing ED wait times with limited resources
- QA:Coding multiple initial infusions
- Q&A: Query for "Type 2 injury"
- Q&A: Coding using suspected, probable diagnoses
- Q&A: Coding for transplant complications
- Note from the Instructor: Review of hospital inpatient mental health services payable under the inpatient psychiatric facility prospective payment system (IPF PPS)
- Increase patient satisfaction by improving your discharge process
- HIPAA Q&A: Maintenance of medical records after physician death
- Don't underestimate the importance of good documentation