- » e-Newsletters
Tip: Understand the surgical treatment of a dislocating patella
Ambulatory Surgery Reimbursement Update, April 28, 2008
When the patient has a chronically dislocating patella, the reconstruction procedures for correction of that condition are in the 27420-27424 section codes of the 2008 CPT Manual.
- Use code 27420 for the reconstruction of a dislocating patella (also referred to as the Hauser procedure)
- Use code 27422 for a reconstruction of a dislocating patella when the physician performs an extensor realignment and/or muscle advancement/release (also referred to as the Campbell or Goldwaite procedures)
- Use code 27424 when the physician performs a reconstruction of a dislocating patella procedure with a patellectomy
This tip is brought to you by Ellis Medical Consulting, Inc.
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Brace for more revisions to Joint Commission's EC and LS chapters
- Heard this week
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Tip: Lipoma removals
- How coders can build a successful relationship with their physicians
- Quiz: Code 76000 or 75998 for catheter patency checks?
- Q/A: Revenue codes for drug charges
- Q&A: Sepsis as a primary diagnosis
- Q&A tackles coding questions about injections and infusions
- Physician group creates ethical guidelines for EHR use
- Note from the Instructor: Provider-Based vs. Freestanding Locations: Financials Flip-flop with New Packaging
- Improve documentation with 15 tips for timely record completion
- HIPAA: Safeguard Residents’ PHI