- » e-Newsletters
Coding tip: Learn the new 2008 CPT codes for elbow procedures-Big changes for epicondylitis
Ambulatory Surgery Reimbursement Update, February 12, 2008
For 2008, the American Medical Association deleted codes 24350-24356 for the treatment of epicondylitis, which coders have been using for years. The new CPT codes for use include the following codes:
- 24357-Tenotomy, elbow, lateral or medial (e.g., epicondylitis, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow); percutaneous. Use this code when a surgeon performs a percutaneous tenotomy procedure on the proximal extensor carpi radialis brevis tendon at its insertion in the lateral epicondylar area.
- 24358-Debridement, soft tissue and/or bone, open. Use this code for a debridement of a degenerated proximal extensor carpi radialis brevis tendon.
- 24359-Debridement, soft tissue and/or bone, open with tendon repair or reattachment. Use this code when a surgeon performs a debridement of a degenerated proximal extensor carpi radialis brevis tendon with a reattachment of the extensor carpi radialis. The surgeon may remove bone in this procedure.
This tip is brought to you by Ellis Medical Consulting, Inc.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- CMS seeks comment on quality measures
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- ICD-10-CM coma, stroke codes require more specific documentation
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- Weekly roundup
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Hospital offers incentives for identifying incorrect patient status
- More new physicians taking advantage of debt forgiveness program
- Medical school awards scholarships to delay student enrollment
- Three ways to safely handle, track returned meds
- Q&A: Code assignment for hospital acquired/healthcare associated conditions
- New malnutrition criteria could help ensure consistent coding
- Learn how to hold staff accountable in a nonpunitive culture
- Joint Commission to make antibiotic stewardship mandatory by 2017
- Inpatient-only procedures: Accuracy helps avoid denials, ensure compliance
- How to report ultrasound with ultrasound guided biopsy of thyroid
- Bill and charge for supplies correctly to reduce risk and minimize lost revenue