Are your workforce members texting PHI?
Briefings on HIPAA, June 1, 2012
Understand the privacy and security risks associated with new technologies.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- CMS seeks comment on quality measures
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- Complications from immobility by body system
- ICD-10-CM coma, stroke codes require more specific documentation
- Hospital offers incentives for identifying incorrect patient status
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- What to expect when coding CAD, MI with ICD-10-CM
- Average resident salary rises
- More new physicians taking advantage of debt forgiveness program
- Medical school awards scholarships to delay student enrollment
- Three ways to safely handle, track returned meds
- Learn how to hold staff accountable in a nonpunitive culture
- Inpatient-only procedures: Accuracy helps avoid denials, ensure compliance
- HIPAA Q&A: Level of encryption needed for email
- From the nurse manager's bookshelf: Patient classification systems
- Ensure appropriate use of soft restraints, drugs
- Consider this before arming your security officers