Government conference on HIPAA Security
HIM-HIPAA Insider, April 16, 2012
Government security officials will host the fifth annual conference, Safeguarding Health Information: Building Assurance through HIPAA Security, June 6 and 7 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
The conference speakers will explore the current health information technology security landscape and the HIPAA Security Rule, highlighting the present state of health information security. In addition, they will present practical strategies, tips and techniques for compliance.
Presentations will cover a variety of current topics including:
- Updates on HHS health information privacy and security initiatives
- OCR’s enforcement of health information privacy and security activities
- Integrating security safeguards into health IT
- Safeguards to secure mobile devices
- Removing sensitive data from the Internet
For more information, visit the NIST conference website.
- Study: Almost half of nurses are thinking about leaving the profession
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Bill and charge for supplies correctly to reduce risk and minimize lost revenue
- Seven tips for slashing ED wait times with limited resources
- QA:Coding multiple initial infusions
- Q&A: Query for "Type 2 injury"
- Q&A: Coding using suspected, probable diagnoses
- Q&A: Coding for transplant complications
- Note from the Instructor: Review of hospital inpatient mental health services payable under the inpatient psychiatric facility prospective payment system (IPF PPS)
- Increase patient satisfaction by improving your discharge process
- HIPAA Q&A: Maintenance of medical records after physician death
- Don't underestimate the importance of good documentation