CMS releases final HIPAA Security Educational Paper
HIM-HIPAA Insider, January 14, 2008
CMS released its final paper in the HIPAA Security Educational Paper Series, entitled "Security Standards Implementation for the Small Provider," on December 12, 2007. The final paper is intended to assist small healthcare providers' HIPAA security rule compliance, according to the CMS Web site.
The other papers in the series include:
- Security 101 for Covered Entities
- Security Standards Administrative Safeguards
- Security Standards Physical Safeguards
- Security Standards Technical Safeguards
- Security Standards Organizational, Policies and Procedures and Documentation Requirements
- Basic of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
To view the paper, click here.
0 comments on “CMS releases final HIPAA Security Educational Paper ”
- Study: Almost half of nurses are thinking about leaving the profession
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Complications from immobility by body system
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- What is the difference between an IPA and a medical group?
- Bill and charge for supplies correctly to reduce risk and minimize lost revenue
- Seven tips for slashing ED wait times with limited resources
- Increase patient satisfaction by improving your discharge process
- Homecare Direction
- QA:Coding multiple initial infusions
- Q&A: Coding for transplant complications
- Peeling away the confusion: Split billing guidance
- OIG focuses on documentation, frequency, and duration for outpatient PT services
- Note from the Instructor: Review of hospital inpatient mental health services payable under the inpatient psychiatric facility prospective payment system (IPF PPS)
- HIPAA Q&A: Maintenance of medical records after physician death