CMS releases final HIPAA Security Educational Paper
HIM-HIPAA Insider, January 14, 2008
CMS released its final paper in the HIPAA Security Educational Paper Series, entitled "Security Standards Implementation for the Small Provider," on December 12, 2007. The final paper is intended to assist small healthcare providers' HIPAA security rule compliance, according to the CMS Web site.
The other papers in the series include:
- Security 101 for Covered Entities
- Security Standards Administrative Safeguards
- Security Standards Physical Safeguards
- Security Standards Technical Safeguards
- Security Standards Organizational, Policies and Procedures and Documentation Requirements
- Basic of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
To view the paper, click here.
0 comments on “CMS releases final HIPAA Security Educational Paper ”
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Complications from immobility by body system
- Hackers demand second ransom after hospital pays
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Seven savvy tips for coding sepsis and SIRS
- Joint Commission deletes more than 130 requirements, including medical record requirements
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- Your Hospital's Financial Statements: How Management Keeps Score