1. HIPAA security: Use risk analysis to prioritize your efforts
2. 12 steps for auditing medical necessity
3. Gov't audit insider
Healthcare Auditing Weekly, July 1, 2003
Health Care Auditing Strategies
Guide to Compliance Auditing: Applying OIG Techniques and Tools
Strategies for Health Care Compliance
Health Care Auditing Weekly (c) 2003 HCPro, Inc. You have permission to forward Health Care Auditing Weekly, in its entirety only, to your colleagues, provided this copyright notice remains part of your transmission. Better yet, send them to http://www.hcmarketplace.com/free/emailnls.cfm where they can subscribe to the newsletter directly. All other rights reserved. None of this material may be reprinted without the expressed written permission of HCPro, Inc.
DISCLAIMER Advice given is general, and readers should consult professional counsel for specific legal, ethical, or clinical questions. Users of this service should consult attorneys who are familiar with federal and state health laws.
SPONSORSHIPS For information about sponsoring Health Care Auditing Weekly, contact Margo Padios at mailto:email@example.com or call 781/639-1872 ext 3145. If you would like further information about any of HCPro's products, including books, seminars, videos, consulting services, or newsletters please visit http://www.hcmarketplace.com
YOUR SUBSCRIPTION You are receiving this message as a subscriber to Health Care Auditing Weekly. If you would like to unsubscribe, please visit http://firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not have web access, please forward this email to: mailto:email@example.com and type "Remove firstname.lastname@example.org" in the body.
Copyright 2003 HCPro, Inc.
- Differentiate between types of wound debridement
- Complications from immobility by body system
- OB services: Coding inside and outside of the package
- Don’t forget the three checks in medication administration
- Note similarities and differences between HCPCS, CPT® codes
- What does case-mix index mean to you?
- Pneumonia with a negative chest x-ray: Clinical diagnoses, physician documentation, and coding guidelines
- ICD-10 tip: Coding for infectious and parasitic diseases
- ICD-10-CM coma, stroke codes require more specific documentation
- Fracture coding in ICD-10-CM requires greater specificity
- Initiative launched to prevent physician, medical trainee suicides
- I Have to Learn This, Too?
- How surviving a disaster changes the disaster plan
- Gap analysis: Three big issues
- Ensure compliance when reporting cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis with an MCC
- CMS seeks comment on Medicaid HCBS
- CMS launches new online tool to make Quality Payment Program easier for clinicians
- Assessing weapons in your healthcare facility
- Analyzing nurse staffing: Understanding FTEs
- A clarification on billing for CAH swing bed services